How To Choose A Criminal Defense Attorney
If you’ve been charged with a criminal offense, choosing the right criminal defense attorney is the most important decision you can make. The outcome of your case can change the course of your life, and having the right attorney is the key to achieving the best disposition possible.
But how do you find a criminal defense attorney who’s best for your situation?
Read these tips for choosing a criminal lawyer.
Important Factors To Consider When Choosing A Criminal Attorney
- Experience Specific To Your Case: The number of years a criminal attorney has practiced is important, but not nearly as important as his or her experience defending the particular types of charges you are facing. When choosing an attorney, determine if they have the relevant experience.
- Local Knowledge And Experience: It is important to choose an attorney who is familiar with rules and regulations of the local area and who has practiced in the court where your case will be heard. Attorneys who are not local may give you incorrect or irrelevant advice that could hurt your case. I am a criminal defense attorney who lives and works in New Port Richey, and have many years of experience defending criminal cases in the area.
- Reputation: Contact The Florida Bar to see if there are any outstanding complaints or grievances against the criminal attorney you are considering. You can also go to the local courthouse and ask if they are familiar with the attorney or firm in question.
- Access: Determine if you will have access to your criminal defense attorney whenever you need it. At Frank P. Bianco, P.A., you will speak to me from your very first consultation and throughout your legal proceedings. Your case is important to me and you will always have my full attention.
How To Find A Criminal Attorney In Pasco County
- Catchy advertising has no relationship to quality legal representation. Never choose a criminal defense attorney based on television, billboard or phonebook advertising alone.
- Talk to acquaintances, family and friends. A referral from someone who has had a positive experience with a criminal defense attorney is a great place to start.
- The internet can also be an excellent way to help identify a criminal defense attorney who meets your specific needs. You can access reviews and other information to help you make the best decision possible.
Once you have found one or more local criminal defense attorneys whom you believe can meet your needs, take the time to visit them and present the basic details of your case. Beware of any attorney who makes promises. No attorney can promise an outcome for your case. If they deflect your questions about their specific trial experience or other background information, find another attorney.
Frank P. Bianco, P.A., is your neighbor and will work with you to fully understand the specifics of your case and provide you with the best options and representation possible.