Injured In A Boating Accident? Get A New Port Richey Boating Accident Attorney
Boating has always been a favorite pastime of Florida residents and visitors, and the number of boats on the water increases annually. Unfortunately, instances of boating accidents, injuries and deaths are on the rise as well.
If you or someone you care about has been injured in a boating accident, it’s important to have an experienced boating accident attorney whom you can trust on your side. I live and work right here in New Port Richey, and my law firm — Frank P. Bianco, P.A. — has extensive experience with boating accident claims.
Boating Accidents — Things You Should Do Immediately | Call- (727) 843-0097
- Accept and receive necessary medical attention immediately.
- If you are unsure of the extent of your injuries, obtain a medical evaluation.
- If possible, take photographs and/or video of the accident scene — even a picture with a phone camera can be very helpful to your case.
- Get contact information of witnesses and parties involved in the accident.
- Do NOT talk to insurance companies or other parties involved until you have contacted a boating accident lawyer.
Boating Accident Lawyer In Pasco County — Know Your Rights!
Injuries resulting from a boating accident can have long-term medical and financial consequences. If your injuries were due to an accident resulting from the negligence of another, you may be entitled to compensation for:
- Medical expenses
- Lost wages
- Future medical care
- Pain and suffering
The most common forms of negligence that result in boating accident injuries and deaths include:
- Careless or reckless operation of a vessel
- Operating a vessel while intoxicated
- Operating a vessel without required safety equipment (e.g., safety lights, fire extinguishers, life preservers)
- Failure to obey boating rules and procedures
- Operating a vessel at excessive speed
It can be difficult to demonstrate negligence in many cases, which is why it is so important to be represented by an experienced boating accident lawyer.
How An Experienced New Port Richey Boating Accident Lawyer Can Help
Being injured in a boating accident can be confusing and frightening, but it’s important to contact an attorney as quickly as possible. The long-term consequences of a serious injury can impact your future and the future of those around you. You may be entitled to compensation, and the actions you take in the hours and days after an accident can make all the difference in the outcome of your liability case.
At Frank P. Bianco, P.A., you will speak with me right from your first consultation and throughout the legal process. I will:
- Provide a free consultation to discuss the merits of your case
- Conduct a thorough investigation of the circumstances of your accident; do not count on the police to investigate — they only complete an accident report
- Advise you about questions to ask your insurance company
- Communicate with other parties on your behalf
- Focus on your case so that you can focus on getting well