Advice From Frank P. Bianco, P.A. — New Port Richey Injury Lawyer
If you’ve been injured in an accident, your first priorities should be to obtain appropriate medical care and focus on your recovery. Unfortunately, concerns about potential financial consequences of your injuries, including medical costs and lost wages, can become overwhelming.
The guidance and representation of a reputable and experienced personal injury lawyer will allow you to focus on getting well. But how do you choose the best personal injury lawyer for your situation?
Where To Start When Choosing A Personal Injury Lawyer In The New Port Richey Area
While there may be a temptation to choose a personal injury lawyer based on television, billboard or phonebook ads, this is NOT a recommended approach! There is no correlation between catchy advertising and quality representation.
Instead, Start By…
- Talking to friends, relatives, and neighbors to see if they or someone they know have had a good experience with a personal injury lawyer.
- Using the internet to help you quickly narrow down choices based on your specific needs and location. The internet can quickly provide you with much more relevant information than advertising sources can.
What To Look For When Choosing A Personal Injury Lawyer
- Experience — You need a lawyer with extensive experience in personal injury cases. Specialty experience makes all the difference in reaching an outcome most beneficial to you.
- Location — Choose a personal injury lawyer from the local area. This will assure that they are familiar with Florida law and understand how the local system operates. Having a local lawyer also provides you with easy access for face-to-face consultation.
- Reputation — Contact The Florida Bar to see if there are any outstanding complaints or grievances against the personal injury lawyer or firm, and check with the local Chamber of Commerce to see if they are an active member. You can also visit the local courthouse and ask if they are familiar with the lawyer in question.
Things To Ask Before Engaging A Personal Injury Lawyer
Once you’ve found a personal injury lawyer whom you believe will meet your needs, there are some important questions to ask before engaging them to represent you.
- Will you be speaking directly to your personal injury lawyer right from the very first consultation and throughout your legal proceedings? Your time and case are important, and you should have easy access to your lawyer — not secretaries or paralegals.
- How are attorney fees determined? Fees for personal injury cases are generally calculated on a contingency basis, but it is also important to understand any additional fees or costs that will be charged against your portion of any potential awards.
- Are there ways you can minimize your legal costs?
- Based on the information you provide about your accidental injury, does the attorney believe you have a viable case? Also ask whether there are any other options you can pursue.
Frank P. Bianco, P.A., is based in New Port Richey. I have extensive experience in personal injury cases. I believe that you deserve the best legal representation possible so that you can focus on getting well.